THEATRE MAKEUP MASTERCLASS
The Theatre Makeup Masterclass is intensive training to learn and explore theatrical makeup, history, character design, crepe hair application and ageing techniques.
The Theatre Makeup Masterclass provides students with the essential standards and skills required to create characters for stage and theatre, either independently as a freelancer or as part of a production crew, in the theatre, for a film or TV production.
Topics and subjects covered on the Theatre Makeup Masterclass include:
- Product knowledge
- Health, safety and Hygiene
- Introduction and makeup design in various performance spaces (male, female, children)
- Basic Ageing
- Effects of light on performers – lighting designer involvement
- Crepe hair work – beard, moustache, stubble
- Historical (includes two of the following options): Egyptian | 16th Century | 17th Century | 18th Century | 19th Century (Victorian) | Edwardian (early 20th Century) | 20th Century
- Theatrical and Character (includes two of the following options): Straight female for the stage | Straight male for the stage | Dance/Ballet | Rough Character/Vagrant | Egyptian | Indian | Oriental/Geisha | Restoration (1660) | Witch/Wizard | Male to Female and Female to Male | Animal with and without prosthetics | Fairy | Pantomime and fairy-tale character
We also have a whole range of different SFX Makeup Courses and Masterclasses available at Seventa Makeup Academy.
The Theatre Makeup Masterclass awards participants with a Seventa Makeup Academy Diploma in the course subject.
Products: All products and materials required are provided for use on the course.
Duration: 2 days
Payments: Payment plans are available by contacting us or credit options (including interest free) are available through PayPal Credit at the checkout.
- Must be aged 16 or older.
- Cancellation policy applies to all Bookings, once paid booking will be confirmed and no refunds can be issued, a change of dates may be possible with 7 days or more notice.
- Subject to availability.
- Minimum 6 participants, maximum 10 per class.
- There must be at least 6 people booked for classes to proceed or we may cancel and rebook to an alternative date with 48 hours or more notice.