RETAIL MAKEUP ARTIST COURSE
Graduate Course Rating
Are you seeking a career as a Retail Makeup Artist selling beauty, makeup and cosmetics products?
For a role within the retail industry ideal candidates should have a passion and knowledge of not only the products, but also be sales focussed and have a strong level of customer service. Makeup Artistry for retail is about so much more than just applying makeup.
The Seventa Makeup Academy Retail Makeup Artist course is designed to give you the tools that you need to get started and prepare you to land a job with your favourite beauty brands.
To be a Makeup Artist in Retail you should:
- enjoy working with people
- have a strong visual sense and a creative imagination
- communicate well at all levels, listen and empathise
- be confident and tactful to suggest changes to benefit an individual’s appearance
- have stamina
- able to work under pressure
- be methodical and pay attention to detail
- work well as part of a team of often diverse colleagues
On the Seventa Makeup Academy Retail Makeup Artist course you will gain knowledge in:
- How to present yourself and prepare for your interview so you land the job
- What you need to do once you get the job
- Sales Techniques and how to achieve the goals set by the company
- Deal with customers so they walk away happy with the products they purchased
- Pre-makeup customer knowledge and skills and how to use this as part of the consultation
- Hygiene practices and preparation techniques
- Makeup application techniques
- Specialist consultation and makeup techniques
- Customer aftercare and ensuring the customer will return
- Different brand philosophies and how to work this into your role
- The history of makeup and how it has affected the industry over time.
Every student that undertakes the Retail Makeup Artist course at Seventa Makeup Academy completes a final assessment which is graded. Students that get a grade higher than 85% are guaranteed an interview with a top beauty brand or agency.
This course is suitable for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced skill levels and is presented in groups of up to 6 students.
Seventa Makeup Academy Graduate Stories
Professional and Encouraging
We all had a lovely time. A professional tutor who was also kind and caring and took great trouble to assist and encourage
Lots of useful tips
We had a really good time, the instructor is very knowledgeable and gave us lots of useful tips. Totally recommend it!
Covers all the basics
Very friendly and helpful, small groups, covered all basics of skincare and makeup
Great Instructor, relaxed teaching, highly recommend.
Juan is great instructor. He is extremely knowledgeable but fun and friendly at the same time. The way he teaches is very relaxed, so you end up experimenting with new things until you achieve the look which makes you happy. Highly recommend.
Small and relaxed class, great teacher, very knowledgeable, made me feel at ease. Can’t wait to put the skills that I have learned into action.
Upon completion Students are awarded with a Seventa Makeup Academy Diploma in Retail Makeup Artistry.
Duration: 20 hours / 2 days full-time + assessment
Cost: £ 495.00 GBP (VAT included)