RETAIL MAKEUP ARTIST COURSE
Graduate Course Rating
Have you always dreamed of working with makeup and getting paid to work as a Retail Makeup Artist with your favourite beauty brands?
If the answer is ‘Yes’, then the Retail Makeup Artist course is for you. There is a constant demand for skilled people to work in retail. Not only skilled in makeup artistry but also sales and customer care.
For a role within the retail industry ideal candidates should have a passion and knowledge of not only the products, but also be sales focussed and have a strong level of customer service. Makeup Artistry for retail is about so much more than just applying makeup.
The Seventa Makeup Academy Retail Makeup Artist course is designed to give you the inside knowledge and prepare you for a job in retail selling beauty.
And, Seventa Makeup Academy is the only school in London that can guarantee you an interview with top beauty brands if you do well on the final assessment.
To be a Makeup Artist in Retail you should:
- enjoy working with people
- have a strong visual sense and a creative imagination
- communicate well at all levels, listen and empathise
- be confident and tactful to suggest changes to benefit an individual’s appearance
- have stamina
- able to work under pressure
- be methodical and pay attention to detail
- work well as part of a team of often diverse colleagues
On the Seventa Makeup Academy Retail Makeup Artist course you will gain knowledge in:
- Makeup Principles including Colour Theory, Face Shapes, and the Psychology of Makeup.
- Working professionally including Health & Safety, Hygiene and Customer Care.
- Makeup Application Techniques, Makeup Preparation and Framework through to working with different face shapes.
- Flawless Skin Techniques – The No Makeup, makeup look.
- Understanding Global Skin Tones and types; Corrective Camouflage and Concealment.
- Day Makeup, Evening/Cocktail Makeup, Bridal Makeup
- Perfect Eyebrows; Eye Makeup Techniques; Eyeliner Techniques and looks; Mascara Application, Working with False Lashes.
- Working with Powders and Creams; Highlight and Contour; Blusher Application Techniques, Bronzing Application Techniques.
- Lip Defining and Application Techniques.
- Professional Tools, Products and their use in makeup.
- Time Management and working to deadlines.
- How to present yourself and prepare for your interview so you land the job
- What you need to do once you get the job
- Sales Techniques and how to achieve the goals set by the company
- Deal with customers so they walk away happy with the products they purchased
- Pre-makeup customer knowledge and skills and how to use this as part of the consultation
- Specialist consultation and makeup techniques
- Customer aftercare and ensuring the customer will return
- Different brand philosophies and how to work this into your role
- The history of makeup and how it has affected the industry over time.
- And so much more.
Assessment: Every student that undertakes the Retail Makeup Artist course at Seventa Makeup Academy completes a final assessment which is graded. Students that get a grade higher than 85% are guaranteed an interview with a top beauty brand or agency.
The Retail Makeup Artist course awards participants with a Seventa Makeup Academy Diploma in the course subject.
Bonus: Students attending the Retail Makeup Artist course receive automatic registration on our Professional Makeup Artist Discount Program for 30% off Ten Image Professional full product range, 5-10% Off future courses, masterclasses and workshops.
Products: All products are provided for use on the course. Students and Tutors at Seventa Makeup Academy use products from Ten Image Professional. The products have exceptional quality, are hypo-allergenic to avoid or minimise any allergic reactions, are long-lasting, respectful and caring for the skin.
Aftercare & Work Experience: After completing your course at Seventa Makeup Academy we will invite you to gain Work Experience working alongside Professional Makeup Artists on events and jobs provided through Seventa Image Creatives Agency. You will also gain access to Free Masterclasses, Micro Teaching Sessions and Workshops.
Graduates are invited to join the Seventa Image Creative Team on high profile events and productions throughout the year. We also regularly have international opportunities, so pack your bags and get ready to roll.
Companies, Events and Productions We Partner With:
Duration: 5 sessions (over up to 5 weeks) + assessment
Cost: £ 1087.00 GBP
Payment Options: Options include 100% Payment, PayPal Credit with 4 months interest free, Instalment Plans with a 40% deposit or our 20/80 Plan. Complete details of all these payment options for all courses can be viewed by clicking here.